What can the industry do to tackle electronic payment fraud?
Ever more sophisticated payment scams are increasing the tension between customer convenience and customer protection.
Twelve months on from the Which? super-complaint, join us to hear more from the Payment Systems Regulator on its plans to address payment fraud and, with a panel of experts including senior representatives from UK Finance and Which?, to discuss:
- The trends in electronic payment fraud and what might this mean for the future.
- The expectation on banks to protect customers.
- The role of the customer and education in preventing fraud.
- Customer convenience versus customer protection.
- How the courts are interpreting the law.
- What new measures and liabilities the industry might face in the future.
- What lessons we can learn from tackling card and cheque fraud.
- Whether technology can help deliver practical solutions.
Register your interest for this event. Spaces will be limited.
16:30 Industry speaker talks
17:30 Panel discussion
18:15 Cheese and wine
- Carole Begent, General Counsel, Payment Systems Regulator
- Emily Cox, Lead Lawyer, Which?
- Shahmeem Purdasy, Legal and Policy Director, UK Finance
- Neira Jones, Advisory board member and ambassador for Emerging Payments Association and Non-Executive Director of Cognosec
- Raymond Cox, QC, Fountain Court Chambers
TLT LLP London
20 Gresham Street
map and directions